My VALS™ Type is:Thinker/Striver
To Take the Survey:
- Click "Take The Survey" below (it will open in a separate browser window).
- Answer the questions. No answers are right or wrong; just select the answers that best describe you.
- Click "Submit" at the bottom of the survey page to view your VALS types—the type that you are most like and the type that you are second-most like.
- We will not e-mail survey results to you.
VALS Type Accuracy
If you do not meet these conditions, your VALS type will not be valid.
If You're Having Trouble Taking the Survey:
- Company and personal firewalls sometimes interfere with the survey. You may need to disable your firewall.
- You may also need to turn off your computer's or web browser's automatic pop-up blocker.
About the US VALS™ Survey
- What does VALS stand for?
VALS is not an abbreviation. Originally, VALS was based on social values, and at that time VALS was an acronym for Values and Lifestyles. However, currently, VALS is based on selected psychological traits and key demographics instead of values, so we dropped Values and Lifestyles but retained the VALS brand.
- What is VALS used for?
U.S. VALS segments English-speaking adults ages 18 years and older on the basis of psychological traits that correlate with purchase behavior and key demographics, enabling users to understand not just what, but why consumers exhibit certain preferences and attitudes. Marketers, strategic planners, new-product designers and others use VALS to:
- Segment their customers and prospects
- Select targets
- Position brands, products, and even policies to the targets
- Develop communications that resonate with and motivate targets to take action.