STEP-BY-STEPRequest a device unlock
If you don’t have or are unable to log in to your myAT&T account, follow the steps below to submit a request to unlock your device.
- Read and agree to the eligibility requirements to unlock your device.
- Complete and submit the form.
- You'll receive a confirmation email with your unlock request number.
- Select the link in the email within 24 hours of receipt to confirm your unlock request.
- AT&T will respond within two business days.
- If your request is approved, AT&T emails the unlock code and instructions to unlock your device to you.
- The unlock code is located near the top of the approval email.
- Follow the instructions in the email to unlock your device.
- iPhone doesn’t use an unlock code. After receiving the email approving your unlock request, remove the AT&T SIM card and insert the new carrier SIM to begin set up.
- Enter the IMEI number (dial *#06# to get your device IMEI).
- Enter the Request number.
You can also download the AT&T Device Unlock Instructions (PDF, 670KB).